- A beautiful sunset at the end of a rainy day.
- Watching my kids laugh ~ with each other, not at each other.
- Baking, especially during the holidays.
- Writing something and knowing that people are actually reading it.
- The smell of apple cinnamon or vanilla spice air fresheners.
- Hearing someone tell me "It's impossible." I love to prove them wrong, because anything is possible!
- My husband ~ he has always been a go-getter.
- Knowing that nothing gets done when nothing is done.
We all have different things that inspire us just as we all have different things we are aspiring for. When we feel out of inspiration, we need to stop and take the time to utilize our senses.
If we take a minute in our busy schedules to look up and see the open sky, or feel the love of a child coming through a tight hug, or smell the spices in a batch of warm pumpkin cookies (I have a great recipe if you are craving this inspiration right now!), or hear the calming sounds of our favorite song, we just might revive the inspiration we need to get through the rest of the day.
We all have days when we become overwhelmed with exhaustion just thinking about the many things we need to get done. When we let ourselves become so overwhelmed, our inspiration goes out the window along with our energy. Daily affirmations are a good way to get out of this slump. This doesn't mean standing in front of the mirror, reciting, "I'm good enough; I'm smart enough...," like we watched on Saturday Night Live years ago. But, reminding ourselves that if we don't do something, we will accomplish nothing.
Turn to the things that inspire you. Make a list of those inspirations. Tape it to your mirror. Keep it in your wallet. Put it somewhere that you can read it if you need a little inspiration. It might not immediately change the outcome of what you are doing, but it might inspire you to keep going; to keep trying. Let your inspiration drive you to make the impossible possible.
Your inspiration might have the power to change a bad day into a good one, after all. Don't let a poor attitude, or lack of energy, or feeling sorry for yourself get the best of you. You have the power to change the outcome of your day. Pull out your list and get inspired. Take control and make something great happen today!